Search Results - All Related Articles




Adult Education EducationThe Adult Education Program offers a variety of courses for adult learners including basic education, English literacy and civics. It also offers degrees including the GED and Competency-Based Diploma. The adult schools also coordinate the Department's substitute teacher course.
Substitute teachers teachersThe Department will consider anyone with a bachelor's degree for substitute teaching positions, but first priority will be given to candidates who also complete the State-Approved Teacher Education program, a full teacher-training program that includes student teaching in a Grade K-12 setting.
Kupono Diploma DiplomaIn recognition of the contributions and sacrificies of war veterans and internees, the state of Hawaii grants honorary diplomas through the Kupono Diploma Program.
Highly Qualified substitute teachers Qualified substitute teachersAlthough short-term substitute teachers are not required to meet the Highly Qualified (HQ) requirements, the US Department of Education strongly recommends that long-term substitutes be Highly Qualified for the core academic classes to which they are assigned.
Substitute teacher reporting system teacher reporting systemThe Department uses a digital accounting system — The Teacher-Substitute Employee Automated System (TSEAS) — for schools to report, update and/or cancel teacher absences, which send automatic notifications to registered substitutes to alert them of work opportunities.
Community School Diploma FAQs School Diploma FAQsAll enrolled students seeking a diploma from the Community Schools for Adults (CSA) who complete the graduation requirements, via General Education Development (GED) and Competency-Based Community School Diploma Program (CB), will receive a Hawaii Adult Community School Diploma.
Licensed vocational schools vocational schoolsThe Hawaii State Department of Education is now accepting initial and renewal applications for the 2017-2019 licensing period. Applications are due July 1, 2017 to OCISS, 475 22nd Avenue, Room 209, Honolulu, Hawaii 96816, Attn: PTVT Licensing. Questions can be e-mailed to Below is a list of licensed schools.
Program requirements for Competency-Based diploma requirements for Competency-Based diplomaIn order to fulfill the requirements for successful completion of the Competency-Based Community School Diploma Program, a student must complete two phases of the program — Academic and Career Options.

How do I...?


View all FAQ's

Strategic Plan 2017-2020

What do you think?

What non-core school subject interests you the most?