The Office of Curriculum & Instructional Design (OCID) implements the infrastructure for online learning in Hawaii's public schools, also known as the Hawaii Virtual Learning Network (HVLN). Under HVLN, students take online courses via the E-School Program, educators enroll in online professional development courses via Project Inspire*, and schools receive technology integration and consultative services and video conferencing support.
- Provides statewide leadership in expanded learning programs, educational resources, multimedia programs and materials, and consultative services that model the use of 21st century skills and new technologies for students, educators, and administrators.
- Prepares students and educators for the workforce by:
- providing technology-rich, standards-based credit courses for students, and
- best practices, online professional development and resources for educators.
- Develops, maintains, and provides online, distance learning, and video conferencing programs and systems.
*Project Inspire is currently on hold. Please contact the Office of Curriculum & Instructional Design (OCID) at (808) 305-9758 for more information.