Vital Sign Metrics
The proposed 12 vital sign metrics will inform decision making of and provide
valuable information and insight for the Hawaii State Board of Education (BOE), the Hawaii State Department of Education (HIDOE) administrators and
educators, and stakeholders through measures that:
- Prioritize health and safety of the students, teachers, and administration.
- Assist with providing equitable services by honoring each school's
- Monitor student daily attendance and progress using various learning
- Identify student and teacher access to connectivity and applicable
devices to support in-person and distance learning models.
Vital Sign Collection and Reportng
The proposed vital sign metrics calendar lays out the
collection, aggregation, analysis and reporting on the reopening of schools. Monthly vital sign reports will:
- Inform BOE decision-making and enable it to fulfill its oversight
- Clearly communicate system status, needs, and concerns to education
stakeholders and the public.
- Allow HIDOE to take action to resolve issues to improve conditions for
learning for students and staff.
The first report will be posted in September 2020 and a final culminating report will be posted in January 2021.