Accreditation or Approval

A private trade, vocational, or technical school that requires licensure shall submit required documentation.

Accreditation or Approval

PTVT requires proof that the school is accredited by an accrediting commission of career schools and colleges, accrediting council for continuing education and training, or an accrediting bureau of health education schools; provided that in lieu of such accreditation, the school may provide a letter from relevant state, federal, or other licensing authority demonstrating that the private trade, vocational, or technical school's curriculum is sufficient to prepare a graduate to qualify for professional licensure. 

Below are a few links to organizations that can assist with accreditation or approval.

Massage Therapy

All massage schools seeking licensing from the DOE must first obtain a Massage School Curriculum Letter approving the minimum education and training hours from the Hawaii Board of Massage Therapy.  Please email: or phone: (808) 586-2696.

Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and

Dental Assisting

Commission on Dental

From the legislature

Medical Assisting

American Association of Medical

American Medical          

Checking Your Business Registration

Business Registration Division, Department of Commerce & Consumer

Hawaii Administrative Rules Regarding Vocational Schools

Contact Information


Phone: 808-305-9764


How do I...?


View all FAQ's