They were recognized by Department leadership at a ceremony at the State Capitol Building on Sept. 20. They will represent the Department at the Governor’s Award for Distinguished State Service in October.
"I'm very privileged to work with some of the most amazing educators in the state, and this is the result of all their hard work," said Therrien.
The Department also expressed gratitude to these additional exemplary staff:
- Susan Harper, Curriculum Coordinator and Success for All Facilitator, Makawao Elementary, Maui District.
- Catherine L. Kaide, School Food Service Manager, Hilo Union Elementary, Hawaii District.
- Daralyn Ramos, Personnel Regional Office Clerk, Central District Office, Office of Human Resources.
- Makawao Elementary Cafeteria Staff, Maui District: Stephanie Bayne, Sandra Calasa, Tiffany Calasa, Kwi Ae Esquibel, Phyllis Freitas, Antoinette Robinson, Nancy Shimabukuro, Ashley Waipa.
- School Administrative Services Assistant Academy Team, Office of Fiscal Services: Cindi Ahuna, Curtis Chang, Adele Chong, Kevin Drake, Erin Ebisuya, Earlyne Harada, Scott Jeffrey, Miki Kamimura, Tammy Keller, Lynn Kitaoka, Karie Klein, Rie Kodama, Gail Morimoto, Gail Nakaahiki, Elden Nakamura, Frances Pitzer, May Price, Lawrence Suan, Coleen Tanaka, Adri Wilson, Tracy Yoshikane.
- Waianae Complex Student Services Coordinators, Oahu District: Kelly Kalinowsky, Grace Lorenzo, Kathy Mitchell, Gail Nakao, Mary Stamps, Mariko Thompson, and Kristy Wagatsuma.
Update: Therrien wins state award
On Oct. 4, Therrien also won the Governor's Award for Distinguished State Service. She is the first Department employee to take the state award since 2002. Congratulations!