Out-of-state teacher recruitment job fair schedule
Thank you for your interest in employment with the Hawaii State Department of Education. Please see below for information about the scheduled recruitment trip for positions for the 2019-2020 school year.
LIVE IN HAWAII?
We recruit for educators year-round in the Aloha State! Please review our job opportunities page to connect with the correct recruitment team!
Chicago, IL, March 16-17, 2019
Houston, TX, March 23-24, 2019
San Diego, CA, March 30-31, 2019
Portland, OR, April 1-2, 2019. Oregon Professional Educator Fair on April 2, 2019
Cincinnati, OH, April 4, 2019
- Denver, CO, April 6, 2019
New York, NY, April 6-7, 2019
Atlanta, GA, April 13-14, 2019
Note: Applicants interested in subject areas or geographic locations other than those listed in the priority areas below are still welcome to apply. Our recruitment priorities for the 2019-2020 school year are as follows:
- Special Education (PK-12)
- Secondary English, Secondary Mathematics, Secondary Science
- American Sign Language (ASL) Deaf Education Teachers and Auditory-Oral Deaf Education Teachers
- Interest in teaching in hard-to-staff locations (Hawaii District: Kau, Keaau, and Pahoa complexes on the island of Hawaii;
Maui District: Hana complex on the island of Maui, Island of Lanai, and Island of Molokai;
Leeward District: Nanakuli and Waianae complexes on the island of Oahu)
Interest in teaching in
West Maui (Lahaina)
Interested in attending an out-of-state job fair and meet with a Hawaii DOE representative? Here's what you need to do . . .
- Review our job opportunities information on the Hawaii Public Schools website:
- Submit your online application to our eHR system then create a StyleProfile;
After you have submitted your online application and created a StyleProfile, email the appropriate email address below for more information:
ILLINOIS||March 16-17, 2019||Email: DOErecruit_chicago@hawaiidoe.org|
|HOUSTON, TEXAS||March 23-24, 2019||Email: DOErecruit_houston@hawaiidoe.org|
|SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA||March 30-31, 2019||Email: DOErecruit_sandiego@hawaiidoe.org|
|PORTLAND, OREGON||April 1-2, 2019||Email: DOErecruit_portland@hawaiidoe.org|
April 4, 2019||
|DENVER, COLORADO||April 6, 2019||Email: DOErecruit_denver@hawaiidoe.org|
NEW YORK, NEW YORK
April 6-7, 2019||
If you have any questions, please contact the Teacher Recruitment Unit at 808-441-8444 or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org.