The Hawaii DOE conducts out-of-state recruitment trips for positions in our schools during the spring and summer. Please sign up to be notified of future recruiting trips: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/teachHawaii.
- Indianapolis, IN, January 29-February 2, 2019. Council for Exceptional Children 2019 Convention & Expo at Indiana Convention Center (Booths 319 & 321)
Note: Applicants interested in subject areas or geographic locations other than those listed in the priority areas below are still welcome to apply. Our recruitment priorities for the 2019-2020 school year are as follows:
- Special Education (PK-12)
- Secondary English, Secondary Mathematics, Secondary Science
- American Sign Language (ASL) Deaf Education Teachers and Auditory-Oral Deaf Education Teachers
- Willing to teach in hard-to-staff locations (Hawaii District: Kau, Keaau, and Pahoa complexes on the island of Hawaii;
Maui District: Hana complex on the island of Maui, Island of Lanai, and Island of Molokai;
Leeward District: Nanakuli and Waianae complexes on the island of Oahu)
- Willing to teach in
West Maui (Lahaina)
CLASSIFIED / SUPPORT SERVICES POSITIONS
The HIDOE will have personnel on hand to informally speak with and provide general information to prospective School Psychologist, Speech Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, Behavioral Health Specialist, and Clinical Psychologist applicants. For more information about these types of Classified / Support Services Personnel positions, please visit the "Classified Employees" section on our
Job Opportunities page.
How to meet with a recruiter
If you are interested in meeting with a recruiter at one of our upcoming trips listed at top, please do the following:
- Review our job opportunities information on the Hawaii Public Schools website so you're familiar with our requirements:
- Submit your online application to our eHR system then create a StyleProfile;
- After you have submitted your online application and created a StyleProfile email the recruiter below for an appointment:
January 29 – February 2, 2019
Stephen Miyasato, Personnel Regional Officer
This is the only out-of-state recruitment trip scheduled at this time. Applications for all subject areas will still be accepted and reviewed. If applicants are needed for a particular subject area, a recruiter may contact you.