The mission of PCNCs is to develop a sense of community and a caring, learning network to strengthen family, neighborhood, school, and classroom for every student's well-being and attainment of standards. It does this by:
- Communicating: Communication between home and school is regular, two way, and meaningful.
- Parenting: Responsible parenting is promoted and supported.
- Student Learning: Parents and families play an integral role in assisting student learning and development toward college and career readiness.
- Volunteering: Parents and families are welcome in the school, and their support and assistance are sought.
- School Decision Making: Parents and families are partners in the decisions that affect children and families.
- Collaborating with the Community: Community resources are made available to strengthen school programs, family practices, and student learning.
Please get in touch with
schools directly about their PCNC, or contact:
- June Kawamura, Honolulu District Facilitator: 808-753-8135
- Val D’Amato, Leeward District Facilitator: 808-668-5739
- Rosey Potts, Windward District Facilitator: 808-233-5727 ext. 247