About this school
Koloa Elementary fosters a setting where students, staff and families are working together to support academic excellence and healthy social-emotional development. High expectations are the norm while respect, responsibility and safety are the cornerstones of our expectations.
Major initiatives to improve student achievement have included:
- Training teachers in effective instructional practices, with support given by coaches for instructional improvement
- A curriculum coach who provides instructional, planning and data analysis support
- Standards-based instruction driven by student data
- Identifying and aligning “essential” content to Common Core Standards
- Increasing technology as a teaching and learning tool in all classrooms
Academic Plan & Financial Plan
Every school develops an Academic Plan as part of collaborative process with its School Community Council, staff and Complex Area. The three-year plan provides structure for a school's plans for improvement, achievement and innovation. The companion one-year financial plan outlines anticipated expenditures to realize the vision of the Academic Plan. Both are aligned to the state's
2017-2020 Strategic Plan.
Strive HI report
An annual snapshot of key school progress indicators including language arts, math and science scores, achievement growth, student readiness, and more. Learn more about the Strive HI Performance System
Prior reports: 2017-18 | 2016-17 | 2015-16 | 2014-15 | 2013-14 | 2012-13
View additional reports on this school in our Report Finder. Search for the school name, then sort by year, level and type of report.